Montessori teaching assistant
We are a small and cozy Montessori center for children age 7 months old to 6 years old.
We are currently looking for qualified, experienced, and most importantly "stable" assistant teachers to join our team. A full-Time position is available for the right candidate. Starting as soon as possible (negotiable). If you think this is something for you, please apply with your cover letter and a resume with a headshot.
We will only contact the right candidates. Thank you!
- Work hours: 09:00-15:30 / 09:00-17:00 *workdays will be discussed further according to the class schedule.
- Responsible, reliable, and mature
- Experiences of teaching and taking care of young children (mainly 18-month-old to 6 year old)
- Fluent in English
- Native Japanese with fluent English will be a big plus!
- Knowing how to change diapers is a must
- Montessori certificate and or early childhood education background is highly preferred but not necessary
- Punctual. Able to commit to all shifts according to the school calendar
- Pay attention to each individual child and have a careful eye on watching children's safety
- Able to follow the curriculum, lead activities, and assist the lead teacher, as well as leading the class on your own when necessary
- Work well both individually and within a team
- Enjoy working with young children and able to get their attention
- Not necessary but a big plus if you can dance or love dancing
- Hourly wage: Starting from 1000JPY/hour (during 3 month probation period)
- 1100-1200JPY/hour once you pass the probation period
- Transportation will be reimbursed (up to 1000JPY per day)